Covid 19 Policy
Goosehill Cattery – Covid 19 Virus Policy
In order to keep everyone safe during this difficult time we have produced temporary operating procedures.
As a well-designed and managed Cattery we are effective at protecting your cats from various viruses and bacteria which can affect them in normal life: this includes the use of sneeze barriers and rigorous cleaning and disinfection processes. This places us in an excellent position for taking forward further activities to protect customers and cattery staff during this period. The principle risk for transmission of the Covid 19 virus is from people (there is no current evidence of transmission from pet fur to humans) so minimising face-to-face interaction will be key to reducing risk.
Check-in/Check-out Procedures (temporary measures)
- Customers with up and coming bookings, who are experiencing any signs of the Covid 19 infection, must inform the Cattery as soon as possible.
- Where possible, we ask that only one healthy person transports the cat/s.
- Customers will not be allowed into the Cattery. On arrival please park at the gate and ring 01924 896637 to alert a member of staff that you have arrived. You do not need to get out of your car as the cat can be collected directly from your car maintaining social distance. This process will be reversed when we return your cat to you at the end of their stay in order to maintain social distance.
- All paperwork including vaccination certificates/details of medications/contact details etc should be scanned/photographed by customers and emailed prior to check-in. Any medication will be accepted on handover at check-in.
- Customers will be required to make all payments ie deposits/balance payments via card by clicking on the ‘pay now’ option on their booking confirmation. Payment by card can also be taken over the ‘phone (please ring the Cattery number 01924 896637).
- Please provide a secondary contact should your cat become ill or in the event you are not able to collect your cat for whatever reason.
- Under normal circumstances we welcome customers bringing familiar bedding and/or favourite toys from home, but in these times we ask that you refrain from bringing any sundry items from your home. We will provide your cat with everything he or she requires for a relaxed and comfortable stay which includes clean cosy bedding, a variety of toys and, of course, favourite treats if allowed!
Regrettably, at this time, we cannot accept cats from positive Covid 19 households.